At theCut, we build technology for the culture. We’re shaping up the barber shop experience, building tools that empower and embolden people to live their best lives. With over 28 million appointments booked, a community of tens of thousands of barbers, and nearly 3 million users, we are the go-to platform for barber shops.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who want the opportunity to create a future where everyone looks and feel their best. We're building a culture that's different from the typical startup, one that resonates with all of the things that are synonymous with urban barbershop culture - sports, music, community, pop culture, etc. If you’re curious, passionate, collaborative, and want to join a culture that challenges you to be the best you, come work with us, and let’s inspire confidence and clean cuts, together.
At theCut, our crazy growth has been fueled by word of mouth and a collection of various programs, initiatives, and projects we’ve launched. theCut is looking for a sharp, highly motivated individual to join as a Growth Marketer. You'll be responsible for developing data-driven insights, creating strategies, and managing campaigns to growth the barbers, clients, and shop owners on our platform across the US and globally. You’ll work closely with the ops team and product team to launch your campaigns and drive theCut’s growth. Managing the marketing roadmap & driving a fully integrated marketing calendar will be core to your responsibilities.
- Design and lead growth strategy by using owned and paid media channels to grow new user acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention in a scalable and efficient way
- Identify the opportunities most important for growth, to remove barriers for product adoption, retention, engagement, and/or monetization, and partner with our growth-focused teams to execute on projects based on what’s identified to accelerate the growth and adoption of theCut in all the markets we serve.
- Develop positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation that helps increase market share, fuels adoption and ensures a uniform and inspiring experience across channels (both in and out of product).
- Define and mobilize the marketing strategy behind the broader goal of theCut becoming culturally revenant
- Assess the market, research, identify and leverages desires and trends of Barbers across all markets for engagement as well as branding opportunities
- Understand the competitive landscape facing Facebook Inc. products and relative position in the market, to inform the product growth strategy and design.
- Lead the product understanding process using data to identify opportunities to remove friction and accelerate growth and market adoption of our products.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and allow us to monitor the heath of product adoption in the markets we serve.
- Understand funnels, ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends in the adoption of our products to identity opportunities for step-changes and angle changes in growth
- Be the voice of the customer to guide the Marketing, Barber and Client experience, sharing brand data and insights
- Identify uniquely local marketing opportunities aligned with business priorities (major events, partnerships, seasonal moments, etc) and deliver campaigns or activations against them.
- Coordinate and lead individual market/region-specific events and partnerships to deepen connections with barbers, clients, shop owners and brand partners
- Based on theCut's global marketing strategy, adapt, localize, and/or amplify initiatives to align with regional strategy, taking into account local specifics and culture.
- Move with speed and agility to keep pace with a fast-moving and fast-growing business; be able to try new things and learn quickly
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Can create inclusive, culturally-aware acquisition and retention marketing campaigns inside of technology-enabled consumer companies, preferably within startup environments
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- 5+ years experience working collaboratively with product team members such as: product management, engineering, design, data science, data engineering etc
- 3+ years experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS, Pivot Tables) or other methods
- 3+ years experience with product optimization work i.e. funnel/website optimization and/or outbound communication channels like email or push notifications
- 3+ years experience with product optimization or growth best practices
- You’re resourceful, forward in thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset. Familiar also with working in a startup, scrappy environment
- Deep understanding of how paid and organic content and strategies work together
- Very strong written communication skills
- You or someone you know uses theCut
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Student loan repayment plan
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health and wellness stipend
- Free lunch and snacks
- Free company swag
- Free haircuts through theCut
theCut is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. theCut does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. theCut also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. theCut adheres to all relevant state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, theCut will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.