At theCut, we build technology for the culture. We’re shaping up the barber shop experience, building tools that empower and embolden people to live their best lives. With over 18 million appointments booked, a community of tens of thousands of barbers, and over 2 million users, we are the go-to platform for barber shops.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who want the opportunity to create a future where everyone looks and feel their best. We're building a culture that's different from the typical startup, one that resonates with all of the things that are synonymous with urban barbershop culture - sports, music, community, pop culture, etc. If you’re curious, passionate, collaborative, and want to join a culture that challenges you to be the best you, come work with us, and let’s inspire confidence and clean cuts, together.
At theCut, our crazy growth has been fueled by word of mouth and an incredible product supported by a world class team. theCut is looking for a sharp, highly motivated individual to join as a People Operations Specialist. You'll own and contribute to the discovery and on-boarding of new hires across the company, in both business and engineering. You’ll never compromise on company culture or candidate excellence. You'll utilize tools such as search engines, job boards, open source communities, LinkedIn Recruiter, Gem, and other social channels to source, screen and qualify passive candidates
- Work closely with leadership to deeply understand the requirements for our roles and their impact on the company and product as a whole
- Source candidates from relevant networks, online and internal databases, employee referrals and passive candidates through networking and research
- Innovate on ways to build a talent pipeline and connect with potential candidates
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process to ensure a seamless, uniform and incredibly positive candidate experience
- Manage full-cycle on-boarding process to ensure all new hires have everything they need to excel
- Manage new employee documents, offer letters, contracts, enrollment in gusto and cap shares.
- Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Lead teams through people issues and people programs including compensation, talent development, performance, etc
- Create a scalable process that meets the needs of our growing company
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- Create job descriptions, role profiles, and offer packages based on the position and company requirements
- Building diverse and inclusive teams
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- 2-4 years of technical recruiting experience
- Operate with an incredible sense of urgency while not compromising on attention to detail
- experience managing onboard remotely
- Has built and maintained a broad network of professional relationships
- Excellent team player while also being a self-starter
- Experience in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Experience sourcing candidates through multiple channels (web/social/professional networks, etc.)
- Experience helping organizations scale required
- Ability to follow legal guidance and balance requirements in striving for the best user experience
- Ability to address delicate issues with sensitivity and empathy
- Collaborative with a proactive mindset
- You or someone you know uses theCut
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Student loan repayment plan
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health and wellness stipend
- Free lunch and snacks
- Free company swag
- Free haircuts through theCut
theCut is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. theCut does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. theCut also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. theCut adheres to all relevant state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, theCut will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.